4.07.2012

Femininspiration: Emma Watson


I know for a fact that I am of a majority of people who have a girl crush on Emma Watson. It started for me when I saw her in the first Harry Potter movie. Granted, I didn't like Emma so much as I did Hermione--I was convinced that I could be her if I tried hard enough.

I had no luck.

Anyways, when Miss Watson blossomed so famously, I was awe-struck. Who wasn't? She was stunningly graceful, well-spoken, and beautiful. And when she cut her hair, well, my obsession grew-- I've always wanted to cut my hair like that!



But it isn't just because Emma is so chic and pretty that I chose her for this Femininspiration. She, unlike so many Hollywood celebrities, values her education. It was not a secret (although I think it was supposed to be) when she attended Brown University to major in English. Although a bit of drama ensued, she continued to pursue her higher education. She also has supported and worked with People Tree, a fair-trade clothing company. Here is Watson's description of the endeavor, taken from her website.

 "Fair Trade fashion comes from the villages – and provides a real alternative to working in a garment factory and the harsh environment of living in a slum. Fair Trade fashion is often completely handmade – 
and made of 100% natural and organic cotton – and it's a small miracle that we as consumers can participate in a process that is keeping skills and communities alive and helping them to prosper." 


So you can see why I find Emma Watson to be a fantastic role model for young women around the world. She values what is important in life--you will never hear a petty word leave her mouth. We could all take a lesson from her and try to ground ourselves a little bit!

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment