2.22.2012

Create Yourself!

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." - G. Bernard Shaw

I found this quote on a website called thehealthypush.com. Go check it out! It's got recipes, workouts, inspiration...anything you need to get healthy.

Anyways, I really like the message. We always hear about people who have "lost themselves" or have identity crises. I don't doubt that those are legitimate phases of our lives, but I like the idea of creating yourself throughout your life-- picking up attributes here and there, dropping them as you need. I picture it as sort of sculpting yourself. We start out as a blob of clay or a slab of marble, and throughout our lifetimes we chisel away at ourselves until we are left with a person that we can truly love and respect--ourselves. It doesn't matter if other people feel the same way, because this sculpture is just for you.

While you are inspired, go listen to "We Are Young ft. Janelle Monae" by Fun. It makes me want to live my life! No regrets. :)

Let me know how you take this quote!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment