2.06.2013

Respect yourself.


Ladies, I have a very important message for you.

It is time to respect yourself.

We talk about self-love and all that good stuff, but I have news for you: if you can't respect yourself, you can't love yourself.

What does it mean to respect yourself?

Know what is good for you, and seek those things out.

Know what is bad for you, and avoid those things.

Allow yourself to feel things fully.

Nourish yourself physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

Know that it is okay to be afraid.

Know that it is okay to be different.

Embrace all of your facets: the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Once you can practice these things, you can start to respect yourself, appreciate yourself, and, one day, love yourself.

I say all of this, but don't take me for some sort of self-respecting, strong woman. I am so far from respecting myself that its scary. There is a difference between knowing what is good for you and doing what is good for you.

When we respect ourselves, we automatically demand respect from others. When we do that, women, we are a force of nature.

We can be amazing. We just have to take it one step at a time.

xoxo,


No comments:

Post a Comment