2.15.2013

My Tried-and-Trues

I am not one to buy the same product over and over again.

I'm constantly trying out new products, rarely re-purchasing.

But there are some things that I can't deny are simply the best, and I have found myself buying them time and time again!

Here they are, my tried-and-true products:

For my face:

Trader Joe's All-in-One Facial Cleanser. Trust me, I am the last person to expect anything good from a generic, simple facewash, but WHOA. I don't know what it is about this one, but it leaves my skin clean, smooth, and clear! Like, WHAT?

Nelson's Pure & Clear Nourishing Moisturizer for Acne Care. This is yet ANOTHER health foods store purchase! I got this from Whole Foods, and again, my skin feels instantly smoother and clearer. Good stuff!!!


For my hair:

Loreal EverCreme Intense Nourishing Shampoo, Conditioner, and Leave-in Spray. Guys. I hate buying the same hair products. Trust my, I have tried to stray from this stuff, but I keep crawling back. It makes your hair soft, tangle-free, and shiny! For real! Look, I have some really annoying hair--some of it is super kinky and coarse, some of it is super fine, and the rest is in the middle. This line is the only thing that smoothes the kinks, hydrates the brittle ends, and leaves my hair feeling super healthy. Ever since I started using it, I keep getting comments on how healthy and pretty my hair is!


For my body:

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion of Stretch Marks. I started using this stuff a few years ago when I realized that I had stretch marks all over my butt and upper thighs. I had tried Bio Oil and Mederma and just about every other stretch-mark treatment there was out there, but this one worked the best, and the fastest. I still use it to prevent more of those pesky purple lines from showing up, and I have started using it all over my body just because 1) it smells so good and comforting, and 2) it seriously leaves your skin even-toned and glowing. A must-have, even if you don't have stretch marks! And if you do, I have a quick word to say: Don't be ashamed. Our bodies cannot be perfect. Those lines show that you are becoming a woman or a mother. Both wonderful things. They show how hard it is to be a woman, and that you are tough. Love your body, stretch marks and all!

Caress Passionate Spell Body Wash in Passionfruit and Fiery Orange Rose. I originally bought this because I was out of soap and wanted a super cheap one. This one happened to smell really good, so I nabbed it. First off, it leaves your body smelling SO sexy, and also I've noticed that my skin feels even and smooth. It isn't advertised as anything other than a good-smelling soap, but I really think it does good things for your skin!


Other:

Colgate Total Advanced Whitening Paste. Ever since I started using this toothpaste, I've noticed that my teeth are significantly whiter! My smile is brighter and my teeth feel so, so clean. 

A+D First Aid Ointment. Okay, this one goes way back. My mom used to use this on my sister and I for DIAPER RASH. Like, that's 23 years ago. (My sister turns 23 today!) I use it on literally everything. You know how, in My Big Fat Greek Wedding, the dad believes Windex can fix everything? That's how I am with A+D. I put it on my eyebrows and eyelashes to make them grow (seriously it works. SERIOUSLY.), on my lips to moisturize them, and on scars to fade them. I literally swear by this stuff. When I die, I want to be buried with two things: my Guns 'N Roses CD and a tube of A+D.

Alright, there you have it! My favorite products of all time. I would not post about them if I didn't believe they are the best of the best. Try them out, let me know what you think!

xoxo,


No comments:

Post a Comment