2.24.2013

OSCARS

OH MY GOODNESS THE OSCARS.

Obviously, a big part of the night is the discussion over what everyone is wearing. These are a few of my favorites that I saw!

1. Jennifer Lawrence in Dior
It is hard not to love JLaw with her intense relate-ability combined with her knack for consistently wowing us on the red carpet. Her dress tonight was so gorgeous, starting out simply enough and then erupting once it passed her hips. Do you know what I loved the most about her outfit, though? The long pearl strand hanging down her back. That was the icing on the cake for me.



2. Sally Field in Valentino
Sally knows how to age gracefully. She has been beautiful through each phase of her wonderful, talent-filled life, and yet I was still surprised by how perfect she looked tonight! That gorgeous red hue was perfect for her coloring, I think, and the bottom of the gown just killed me as it fluttered behind her.



3. Catherine Zeta Jones in Zuhair Murad
Oh my God. This gilded nude dress made me go blind for a minute, and in the best way possible. She looks like an Oscar herself! It had a very 20s-esque feel to it, with the exception of the neckline which was slightly reminiscent of the '50s bodices to me.



4. Maria Menounos in Romona Keveza
THIS BITCH. She always looks perfect. It's those damn Greek genes. Seriously, have you ever met an unattractive Greek? But that is beside the point. This dress makes me want to scream, it is so amazing. The color, the shape, the ACCESSORIES. Ahhhhhhhhh I am legitimately swooning over this dress.



And the Man of the Night goes to....



Bradley Cooper.

Apparently, Kristin Chenoweth got so frazzled at one point before the show that she lost her shoe in the vastness of her dress. Bradley Cooper, being the teetotaler gentleman that he is, bent down, lifted up her hemline, found her shoe, and put it on her foot for her.

CINDERELLA, ANYBODY?!?

In addition, when JLaw fell on her was to accept her award for best actress, Bradley immediately showed up with a hand outstretched to help her back up. She didn't utilize his offer, but still. He wins all the award in my book.

xoxo,


No comments:

Post a Comment