6.06.2012

Playin' with Color!

Hey everyone! This morning, I had some free time and decided to do a makeup tutorial!

Now, let me say: I am by NO MEANS a makeup expert. Far from, in fact. But I just like to play around like any other girl, and I thought, why not share it with you guys?

A few months ago, I bought an E.L.F eyeshadow palette. I have to say, I wasn't expecting much, but I have really enjoyed it! I have found that I don't need to use a primer underneath, but then again, I haven't spent much time in the heat with eyeshadow on, so I don't know if that will hold true for everyone. Also, I have really dry eyelids (I don't even know).

So, here is the first look I did:


 I used an almost greenish yellow, a bright pink, and a dark brown. (You can see them circled if you click on the picture.)


The yellow was applied to the inner half of my eye, and the pink covered the outer half. I layered the brown over the pink on the outer third of my eyelid and filled in the crease with that same color. For eyeliner, I used a liquid brown and then applied mascara. Right now, I'm loving the Almay Get Up And Grow mascara.

This is the second look I did:


For this one, I used a dark purple, a dark green, and a silvery grey.


I started by applying the purple to the inner 2/3 of my eyelid, then filling in the rest with the dark green and blending the two together. After that, I used the grey color to accent the outer corner of my eye and the crease. I finished by applying a tiny amount of black eyeliner (Rimmel) and the same Almay mascara.


I hope you like them and can draw some sort of inspiration from them! Feel free to leave any advice or questions in the comments.
xoxo,


No comments:

Post a Comment