9.30.2012

Instructions.


I saw this on Pinterest today, and it struck me.
The thing that really caught my attention was the last part, about instructions.

Over the past few years, I have tried time and time again to change my life. Be it how I look, how I act, who I am with, or what I do, I have wanted to change it at some point in my life.

A set of instructions would have been nice.

It seems that the same struggles have plagued me for my entire life. Nothing has changed, really. But no one wants that for themselves. We are dynamic creatures. Or at least, we are supposed to be. Yet I have been stuck in this rut for a long, long time and no matter how many resolutions or promises I make, I am in the same place now that I was four years ago.

So about these instructions. I think that they are out there, somewhere. And I think a big part of life is finding those instructions. The only problem is that, when we fail to find them at first, we give up and stop trying to find them. 

But I have to try harder. I have to reach further, look harder, listen more carefully. 

I have to think.

I can't avoid the realities that I am scared of, like the fact that I might fail, or that maybe I won't like what I find. I can't stay still anymore. 

I'm finding the instructions. Somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment